Why occupational therapy?
Occupational therapists (OTs) help people across the lifespan live life to its fullest which fits nicely with High Pointe’s mission of helping you be the BEST YOU POSSIBLE! Occupational therapy focuses on everyday activities (occupations), from helping children participate fully in school and social situations to supporting older adults experiencing physical and cognitive changes. High Pointe currently offers only pediatric occupational therapy for ages 0-18 but we are always looking to expand our services so check back frequently.
Why High Pointe?
Simply said, we are the best (of course we’re a bit biased so make sure you do your homework). Your care should not be taken lightly and you should not blindly set up an appointment with a provider you have not researched. We encourage patients to visit other clinics in the area and ASK QUESTIONS about your care. Then call us when you’re ready to start!
What to expect at High Pointe…
- Personal care from a licensed occupational therapist. Your child will be with the same therapist for every visit.
- A thorough examination in a relaxed atmosphere. We don’t like to feel rushed and we don’t want our patients to feel rushed. We allot 60 minutes for your child’s first visit so we can perform a comprehensive evaluation and give him/her the time needed.
- Individual attention at every appointment. We do not double or triple book our appointments and treatment is always delivered by licensed, qualified team members. Your child is our main focus when he/she is here.
- Customized treatment programs to address your child’s specific needs. If you want a cookie-cutter approach, navigate away from our page now.
- Ongoing assessment to make sure your child is progressing towards the goals set for him/her while under our care.
- Communication not only with you but also with your child’s care provider. This is not unique to us, but we think we do a good job.
- Familiar faces and a family atmosphere. We are not a chain – what we do and how we do it cannot be replicated easily, much less in dozens of locations. We strive for happy patients and a happy team at all times. We can’t please everyone, but we come pretty close!
High Pointe offers the following services:
- Sensory integration
- Mealtime strategies
- Neuro-developmental treatment
- Alert self-regulation techniques
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Visual perceptual/motor techniques
- Social skills training
- Independent living skills training
We can help with:
- Cognitive processing & attention deficits
- Sensory processing & integration
- Behavior problems, self-esteem & stress management
- Visual motor/perceptual skills such as hand-eye coordination with sports
- Handwriting fluency & pencil/crayon holding
- Fine motor development such as fastening buttons and scissor skills
- Gross motor coordination & balance
- Oral motor control
- Difficulties with activities of daily living
- Academic achievement
Specialized services we provide at our Clarksville clinic:
- Certificate in Sensory Integration – Kim Barrett, OTR/L
- Therapeutic Listening Certified – Kim Barrett, OTR/L
- Beckman Oral Motor Assessment & Intervention trained – Kim Barrett, OTR/L
- SOS Approach to Feeding – Kim Barrett, OTR/L